Medical Assistance While Traveling

Your Student Health Plan includes a comprehensive Travel Assistance program administered through FrontierMEDEX, at no additional charge to you. FrontierMEDEX Access Services provides 24/7 emergency medical assistance including emergency evacuation and repatriation and other travel assistance services when students are over 100 miles from home.

If you have a medical or travel problem, simply call the Assistance Center toll-free at: 1-800-527-0218 if you are in North America; or if you are in a foreign country, call collect at: 1-410-453-6330. Your CHP ID card has all the contact information you need to seek help from FrontierMEDEX while traveling.

Click here for helpful travel information.

For details on your coverage level for international assistance, please refer to your school's Accident and Sickness Plan brochure or call CHP at 800-633-7867.

Services Include:

Medical Assistance Services

  • Worldwide Medical and Dental Referrals
  • Monitoring of Treatment
  • Facilitation of Hospital Payment
  • Transfer of Insurance Information to Medical Providers
  • Medication, Vaccine and Blood Transfers
  • Replacement of Corrective Lenses and Medical Devices
  • Dispatch of Doctors/Specialists
  • Medical Records Transfer
  • Continuous Updates to Family, Employer, and Physician
  • Hotel Arrangements for Convalescence

Travel Assistance Services

  • Pre-Travel Information
  • Emergency Travel Arrangements
  • Replacement of Lost or Stolen Travel Documents
  • Legal ReferralsTranslation Services
  • Message Transmittals
  • Emergency Pet Housing and/or Pet Return

Medical Evacuation & Repatriation Services

(Medical Evacuation & Repatriation Services are NOT available on all plans. Please refer to your school's plan brochure for coverage information.)

  • Emergency Medical Evacuation
  • Transportation for family to join a Hospitalized Member
  • Return Transportation for Dependent Children
  • Transportation After Stabilization
  • Repatriation of Mortal Remains