- International and Travel
- Employee Benefits
- Individual Plans
- Sports Plans
- Special Risk
- Student Health
- Insurance Administration
Study Abroad Student Insurance Plans
Our Study Abroad Insurance Plan protects your students while they are traveling overseas on a university program. We offer a comprehensive plan, combining the travel assistance services, CHP's expert medical claims administration, and insured benefits underwritten by A-rated carriers.
Medical coverage includes hospitalization, physician services, maternity care, treatment for mental illness or substance abuse and prescription drugs. Students currently enrolled in a Study Abroad Plan can click here to obtain more information on their plan.
Our study abroad program includes a complete package of emergency travel assistance services, pre-trip health and safety information and personal services for your students. One call to the travel assistance provider connects your student to a network of doctors, logistics coordinators and security experts trained to help with any situation. Services range from telephone advice and referrals to full-scale medical evacuations by private air ambulance. Travel assistance providers operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year from service centers around the world.
One call to your travel assistance provider coordinates all benefits of the Study Abroad Insurance Plan, including:
- Medical Evacuation and Repatriation* insured through your school’s program
- Security Evacuation* insured through your school’s program
- Payment of overseas medical bills by Consolidated Health Plans
- Access to credentialed medical provider network worldwide
- Transportation to join a hospitalized member, accommodation while visiting hospitalized member, return of minor children, and return of traveling companion*
CHP's Study Abroad Plan provides valuable protection against unexpected difficulties or emergencies that can arise for your students studying away from home. Please contact us to learn more.