Roger Williams University
- 2015-2016 Benefits Flyer
- 2015-2016 Benefits Brochure
- 2015-16 Enrollment Form
- 2015-16 Summary of Benefits & Coverage
- 2014-2015 Benefits Brochure
- 2014-15 Summary of Benefits & Coverage
- RWU Health Services
- Forms & Resources
Your Provider Networks:
Welcome to the CHP Student Page for the Roger Williams University
and School of Law Student Health Plan!
Consolidated Health Plans, in conjunction with Risk Strategies and Roger Williams University, and Roger Williams University School of Law (collectively, the University), have customized this health insurance plan to meet the needs of the University's students. From this page, you can access important information about your plan with the links provided.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL STUDENTS:
All full-time undergraduate students (both residential and commuter), all Masters in Architecture students, all new School of Law students (first enrolled as of Fall 2015) and all international students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are automatically enrolled in the University's sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan for coverage effective August 14, 2015 - August 13, 2016. Students must demonstrate proof of adequate health insurance under an existing plan, or purchase the University sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan. Those students who do not waive the insurance and those not covered under an existing insurance plan will see a separate charge of $1,961 on their University tuition bill. Please note that both commuter and residential full-time undergraduate students, Masters in Architecture students and all new School of Law students (first enrolled as of Fall 2015) must provide proof of insurance or they will be enrolled in the University-sponsored plan.
Waiver Process: If you are currently insured under another insurance policy and do not wish to have coverage under the University sponsored plan, you may waive out of the insurance. To waive the University Student Health Insurance, please click on the Waiver tab above and follow the instructions. The deadline to submit a waiver is August 14, 2015.
Full-time Graduate (non-Masters in Architecture) and returning School of Law Students
Full-time Graduate with 6+ credits (non-Masters in Architecture) and returning School of Law Students with 9+ credits are encouraged, but are not required, to enroll in the University’s sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan. Students who wish to enroll in this plan voluntarily may purchase this insurance directly through CHP by clicking on the Enroll tab above. Please note that the deadline to enroll is September 14, 2015. No enrollment will be accepted after this date.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENTS
New students enrolling at the University for the 2015-16 academic year will be able to access the waiver form once you receive your RWU Student ID, which is included in a separate mailing after your deposit is received.
- Problems with your RWU Student ID: Undergraduate & Graduate Students contact the Registrar’s Office (401) 254-3510; Law Students contact Student Finance & Records (401) 254-4657.
- Waiver processed: Once you have completed the waiver process an e-mail will automatically be generated and sent to the student RWU e-mail. It will confirm that you waived and if you do so in error to contact the insurance company. Please print and keep for your reference.
- Waiver processed but the charge is still on the tuition bill? Please allow 5-7 business days for your waiver to be processed. If you still are seeing the charge contact RWU Bursar’s Office (401) 254-3520.
- Questions about RWU Health Services (401) 254-3156
- Questions about the University’s Student Accident & Sickness Insurance Plan – CHP (800) 633-7837 or Risk Strategies Company (617) 330-5700
Claims Services are provided to you by:
Consolidated Health Plans, 2077 Roosevelt Avenue, Springfield, MA 01104
Phone: (413) 733-4540 ♦ Toll Free: (800) 633-7867 ♦ Claims Fax: (413) 733-4612
or Contact Us Group Number: S210905
Your plan includes the following programs: Please consult your plan document for additional information: