Regulatory Staff Attorney
Position Summary: The ideal candidate would provide legal support for compliance, regulatory and legal matters on a broad spectrum of issues that arise under state and federal insurance and related laws, with an emphasis as to the regulation of health and accident insurance, managed care concepts, and insurance contracts. Responsible for regulatory compliance in varying states. Provides practical, business-oriented legal advice and counsel to help the company meet its business objectives through an in-depth understanding of the evolving laws, rules and regulations applicable to CHP business, including federal and state statutes and requirements of various business partners. Maintains a thorough understanding of the company’s business objectives and acts as a trusted business partner for continually informing and educating the organization as to laws and regulations.
- Juris Doctor Degree.
- Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (additional states a plus).
- Over 2+ years of legal experience, either at a law firm, in house, or a combination thereof.
- Ability to research, interpret and apply relevant state and federal laws and regulations to operations.
- Experience with state corporate and insurance filing requirements (preferred).
- Highly developed conceptual/analytical skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in the ability to relate to many different operational departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-growing and changing, intense working environment.
- Makes decisions with a sense of urgency, prioritizing possibilities and opportunities, and balancing information with the ability to act quickly when necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Proficient computer skills in MS office products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains ongoing subject matter expertise in health and insurance laws to support business objectives.
- Ability to assist the General Counsel with representing the company in interactions with federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Maintains current knowledge of all significant legislative and regulatory developments that may affect the company’s business. Communicates changes in legislation and regulation.
- Provides a variety of legal counsel and support to functional and operational groups within the company.
- Oversees departmental workflow procedures as it relates to regulatory compliance and keeping the company up-to-date regarding state regulations and compliance obligations.
- Reviews and advises on new products and initiatives.
- Drafts and reviews contracts and other materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports Directly To: General Counsel
If you meet the above qualifications and have an interest in this position, please send your resume and completed application to:
Mail: Consolidated Health Plans, Human Resources, 2077 Roosevelt Avenue, Springfield, MA 01104-3503
Fax: (413) 452-5329 Attn. Human Resources
Phone: (413) 733-4540 ext. 120
For more information contact us at email@example.com or call us at (413) 733-4540 ext. 120