- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies, communications, or similar field of study along with two years of experience in a professional setting. Experience in the insurance or financial industries, especially with compliance responsibilities, is preferred.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational and analytical skills, especially thorough proof-reading.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex material into a concise written format.
- Multi-tasking and detailed orientation skills.
- Very skilled with Microsoft Suite Office products, especially Word and Excel, and with PDF documents.
- Demonstrated listening and problem resolution skills with ability to follow written procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, urgent at times, and intense working environment.
- Be an active participating member of the team, and as needed, assist Underwriting in preparation of LOAs leading up to brochure process:
- Prepare LOAs by comparing filings of new carrier to brochures of previous carrier
- Prepare brochures by comparing LOAs to filings, to new and renewal brochures, policies, and Spartacus database.
- Compare new client’s plans to the existing filing in that state while in the brochure process.
- Compare brochure and policy language to state/federal requirements.
- Create templates for various states/products.
- Review and prepare draft and final brochures, SBCs, and policies. Coordinate with Sales, Account Management, Underwriting, agents and carriers where applicable. Strive for Continuous Process Improvement with efficiency and accuracy as goal.
- Answer questions from Account Managers regarding benefits language with input from Compliance team when appropriate.
- Develop spreadsheet of all groups (student and employer groups) with benefit structures. Understand benefit structures of plans.
- Update status spreadsheets and calendar logs.
- Research laws/regulations/filings when requested.
- Work on projects within CHP such as but not limited to:
- New products
- Performance metrics - responsible for keeping track of standards in comparison to actual.
- Compliance Program activities
- Other projects and duties as directed.
Reports to: Tim Garrett, Compliance Liaison Manager
Please send your resume and completed application to CHP Human Resources at:
Mail: Consolidated Health Plans, Human Resources, 2077 Roosevelt Avenue, Springfield, MA 01104-3503
Fax: (413) 452-5329 Attn. Human Resources
Phone: (413) 733-4540 ext. 120
For more information contact us at email@example.com or call us at (413) 733-4540 ext. 120